Friday, March 25, 2011

The "stirring of the pool" for our neighbors!

I added four new pages to this blog today:

Africa ... Afghanistan ... Bolivia ... and India!

I have spent some time during the past 1 to 2 years getting to know missions that are making a difference, and I wanted to share them with you today.

I believe anyone who wants to make a difference in the nations will be able to do so now, there are so many opportunities. I am looking for ways to become involved with more than dollars...but with talents and crafts that can help people who are searching for a way to provide for their families.

Peruse the websites and Facebook pages I have listed under each location, and see if you find inspiration to use your craft and help someone this year. Baby steps are a beginning that can lead to much!

We can all be missionaries now...from our laptop and our craft room or art studio!

I want to encourage anyone who has a viable ministry to also have a website with a "media" page, where pictures and text can be copied to blogs...so we who are helpers can make known the works that are being done!

Missionary: You can email me at dhindman06@aol.com to notify me of your site's media page or if you have an idea how I can help with crochet or needle arts in your area.  As my business and strength grow, I am looking to support missions as the Holy Spirit leads. 

It is well to say: "When life is not just about 'me,' it is so much more fun! But you need Jesus to come by and be that stirring, much like the lame man at the Pool of Bethesda. When you pray, He stirs the pool!

The "stirring of the pool is not a place now, it is a person!"

John 5: 1-8 1 Afterward Jesus returned to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish holy days. 2 Inside the city, near the Sheep Gate, was the pool of Bethesda,[a] with five covered porches. 3 Crowds of sick people—blind, lame, or paralyzed—lay on the porches.[b] 5 One of the men lying there had been sick for thirty-eight years. 6 When Jesus saw him and knew he had been ill for a long time, he asked him, “Would you like to get well?”
7 “I can’t, sir,” the sick man said, “for I have no one to put me into the pool when the water bubbles up. Someone else always gets there ahead of me.”
8 Jesus told him, “Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!”

God's word to me several years ago, was "I want to bless the work of your hands." To me that meant giving of His creativity through me rather than money. That is where my heart is, to use His creativity to bless others as well as to support missions with dollars!

If you, like me, have battled a chronic illness, standing in faith for healing and health, you may still find something in your hand to do at this late hour...and be healed as you go.  Pray much, Jesus is at hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment