Monday, March 21, 2011

How Crocheting Became a Part of My Life!

A few years ago I was stopped in my steps by chronic fatigue and needed something to keep my hands busy.  I had previously tried crocheting, but never stuck with it.

One day, suffering with fatique and boredom from lack of activity, I decided to try crochet again.  I went on a search in my "stuff" for Grammy Venus' crochet patterns. Along with the patterns, I came across a little doll dress she had crocheted for me when I was a 3rd-grader many moons ago.  I also discovered a towel basket and trim that she had crocheted for our bathroom when I was a middle-schooler in the 70's. 

Later, I went on a search for the pattern for the little 7" doll dress and was surprised to find it on the web.

I have since re-created the little dress...and discovered a surprise...


As it turns out, it is a Little Red Riding Hood outfit!

Here is the link to the entire ensemble...you will enjoy crocheting this one I found on FreeVintageCrochet.com... The Purple Kitty Crochet site!
http://www.freevintagecrochet.com/dolls/little-red-riding-hood-doll-pattern.html

No comments:

Post a Comment