Saturday, May 28, 2011

Conducting Experiments in Horticulture...

I planted a Blue Spirea last fall, and it never leafed out this spring. (It either didn't survive the harsh winds of winter, or I planted it too deep.) While i was digging around it, I gave it a slight tug around the main stems and "oops" -- up it came.  There seemed to be some living roots on one stem, so I am  conducting an experiment with the horticulture knowledge that I possess, and making the rest up as I go...LOL!

I put the root in water, and added a drop or two of a root stimulator.

We'll see what happens. Perhaps I should have googled this process first! Sometimes I just like to go with what I know and see what happens! Hehehehehe! :)





Like a school girl when it comes to experimenting horticulturally! :)

More on the roots progress..I promise! As soon as I see "signs of life!"

I have a friend who is trying to bring back bare root strawberries in a similar way. Too fun!
I detest losing plant life... :(
I'm a firm believer in resuscitation! :)


Check out Michaela's Garden Project -- new photos today!
I think the next big project at my house will be...get a greenhouse! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment