Saturday, May 28, 2011

Collecting seeds...



You'll find out why the chick in this post, at the end... :)

Collecting Marigold seeds from the plants in my yard that have bloomed this spring.



Love the smell of the flowers! The seeds are quite pungent, also! :)

On the calendar today:

Great movie to watch with "the kids:  "Where the Red Fern Grows."
Viewed it this morning on Netflix.
Of course, then I wanted a red fern for my garden, so I googled it...there is no such known plant.
Where The Red Fern Growns

Researching raising chickens in the city this morning. Sounds like something I would like to do.
Found a lot of information here:

http://www.backyardchickens.com/

They have a great forum where you can learn from the folks who know!

More on this later...lots to ponder before making a decision about chickens in the city!



 :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment