Saturday, February 26, 2011

A New Crochet Design!

A peep into a struggling designer's diary:

"Don't Quit, if you're a beginning crochet designer! You may not be a knit-wit...but you are a crochet wit! LOL! At least I keep telling myself that! ...after 5 attempts, to get just the first 3 rows right, i am well on my way to completing my first original crochet design.

I wouldn't be so overtly exited, but this is no "ordinary" design...this is a fun, silly, yet practical creation! Well, we have to love ourselves and what we do, and right now I am rolling in it! I didn't know designing could make me so happy! I am thanking God (from Whom all good ideas come from), after the almost no-start with the first three rows at t the start gate!

The finished product will remain,"under wraps" for awhile, while I work out alternate finishing techniques...but...

...Wow!...after 5 Years of working on various crochet projects...and learning how things are constructed, AND trying a lot of various stiches and techniques...AND having multitudinous failures, I am feeling really satisfied to FINALLY be creating a wearable fun original!

Studying "THE CROCHET BIBLE" (Sue Whiting, author), and watching "Knit and Crochet Now!" (Bret Bara, host), has been a huge help!

I am so exited and SURPRISED...this design thing is ACTUALLY working for ME!

Thank you, BRET BARA, for showing us how to un-complicate crochet during your appearances on "KNIT AND CROCHET NOW!" You have been an amazing encouragement! You make us crocheters feel special, too!

No time for more silly prattle back to the "drawing board"..well, graph paper, literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment