Saturday, October 15, 2011

Thoughts on selling my first crochet piece...

I began crocheting seriously...well...serious fun was what it was...in winter 2002...and haven't stopped since.

I have tried a variety of yarns, threads, ribbons, patterns, needles, hooks, and even tatting in the past 9 years...and it has all paid off in experience, experience, experience, and pure joy working with colorful threads and yarns.

Last week I sold my first crochet piece...a bookmark! I was so excited to be doing something I love and making a ??profit?? at it.  LOL!

If you are a beginner crocheter or needle artist of any type I think I have some good advice...don't think you have to finish everything you start. There are many futile attempts along the way to finding your "thread / yarn voice!" Just keep creating...you will be glad you did! Who knows, you may end up making a living at it...if not you will find LIFE in what you do with your hands and heart! :)

Deb


No comments:

Post a Comment